Thread: TheCrew.exe has stopped working

TheCrew.exe has stopped working

So, I have recently downloaded The Crew from Steam and have installed it on my pc properly. After launching this game I am able to play it but soon after every 5 minutes The Crew game crashes to desktop in my computer. The error message that I am getting is "TheCrew.exe has stopped working". I have checked that I have the latest version of the graphics driver installed in my pc and all other games are woking fine. So, is there any way to fix this crashing problem? Thanks

Re: TheCrew.exe has stopped working

Even I am facing the same issue. After playing the game for more than 20 time, Steam and Uplay also think that the game is still running but there is no process visible in my task manager. There are also too much of framerate problems while gameplay. All other games are able to run properly on my high end computer with a constant 60FPS. It wll be good if you also contact UBI support from this link - https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/

You will need to make sure that you have the latest sound drivers installed in your computer. If you are able to get into the game options, then try to run the game without any AA settings turned on because when I started to play this game first time then I had some super sampling turned on in Nvidia Control Panel, so it super smapled it to 4K. So this might be the reason why you are facing this issue?

Can you try to verify Integrity of Game Cache and see if that helps:
    1. Load Steam
    2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
    4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
    5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

More steps given here - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2037-QEUH-3335