Thread: error "Cpu does not met minimum specifications" while playing Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

error "Cpu does not met minimum specifications" while playing Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

So I bought Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare from Steam and have it installed in my computer. When I am trying to launch the game by double clicking on the game.exe file then it gives me an error message that says "CPU does not met minimum specifications". I am using a Intel Core i7-990X Extreme Edition processor with 8gb of RAM and GTX 780 TI video card. My computer specifications is enough to run this game quite easily but still I am getting this error? Did I just waste my money getting this buggy game?

Re: error "Cpu does not met minimum specifications" while playing Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

There are many people with their supported CPU getting the same kind of error message. One of my friend who was running Intel i7-3930k processor with HD 7970 graphics card was facing this same problem on his computer system. For many others the game seems to be running fine with the same processor, so it might be possible that there are few people who are having this issue and once the developers of this game releases the fix then your problems will be solved.

Re: error "Cpu does not met minimum specifications" while playing Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Well, I think that even though your processor seems to be inadeqate still this game Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare should run just fine without any warning. The only that is going to prevent a game from starting would be like the graphics card or if it is not capable of some of the DirectX version. You already told that you have 8GB of RAM, so there wont be a problem with the RAM sticks compared to the given requirements of the game.

I have heard that this game requires hyperthreaded cores to take control of the Zombie AI, but I dont know whether this is true or not. The Intel Core i7-990X processor should be more than enough to play Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. It might be possible that there might be some issues with your CPU only and you might need to send it for RMA to the company so that you can go replace it with the new one, incase you have not done any physical damage to the CPU.

I am using Intel Pentium G3240 processor with an Nvidia GTX 760 graphics card. I know that my CPU is very low end but I dont understand why this game is even set up like that? When I double click to play this game it is not even launching but other games like Assassins Creed 4 is running fine and even I am able to run this game in high settings with 30FPS. I hope that some kind of CPU patch fix comes to solve this issue.