Thread: error "OpenGL context creation failed" while trying to play Train Fever

error "OpenGL context creation failed" while trying to play Train Fever

I recently bought this game Train Fever of from Steam and have installed it successfully in my computer. When I am trying to play this game then it is was telling me to update my graphics drivers. If I am trying to do that then it doesnt seem to be working. Other times if I am trying to play it then it gives an error message that states "OpenGL context creation failed". As per the games requirement I met all its technical specs, so why am I getting this error? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: error "OpenGL context creation failed" while trying to play Train Fever

Which graphics card model are you using in your computer? This game Train Fever requires OpenGL 3.2 that is not supported on all the graphics cards. Even if you have a supported graphics card then it might be possible that it is poorly supporting the game. But in any case, if you have an AMD graphics card then try to download the latest drivers from the official AMD website. If you have a Nvidia card then go to Nvidia website and download the latest drivers and see if that helps.

Well, I am on a laptop that has AMD Radeon 6470M dedicated graphics and also have installed the latest graphics driver. On my laptop this game is running fine without any issues. So, if you got a AMD card, then go to this website - http://support.amd.com/en-us/download. After that click on Notebook Graphics if you have a laptop. After that click on Radeon HD Series and then Radeon HD 6xxxM series or whatever series of graphics card that you have and then choose OS that you have installed and then click on Display results. You will get the download link of the driver on the next page.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Can you try to verify the game cache files and see if that works for you:
    1. Load Steam
    2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
    4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
    5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Source: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2037-QEUH-3335