Thread: getting "The player has left the session" in Ultra Street Fighter IV

getting "The player has left the session" in Ultra Street Fighter IV

I have recently installed this new version of the game. Now when ever I am trying to play it, then every single game since this Ultra edition is dropping either at the end of the first round or the start of the second round and it will just give me an error message that states "The player has left the session". I was thinking that this is happening due to the players side but about 20 rounds every one ends this way only? Can anyone tell me how do I work then? Thanks

Re: getting "The player has left the session" in Ultra Street Fighter IV

Even in most of the games, I lose pretty much all of my matches but I never quit like others who tend to disconnect as soon as they start loosing in the game. But I have seen some cases while laying against some people where I was getting this similar kind of message "lost connection to opponent" on a re-match even though I was loosing the game very badly. So, I think that it might be a connection issue due to the Steamworks integration making things to quit.

I assume that unless the game gets laggy as hell, you should not get that error message. If any players leave the game while playing in a match then you are supposed to get that message. This is just ragequite which is just a fact of life in thes games. There are many known tournament players who simply quit the match as soon as they realize they are going to get beaten up online. If there is any kind of crazy lagging issue then you can presume that it is a server side problem.

It is fine to ragequit if you know that your opponent is much better than you are. Normally, whenever someone starts to ragequit then I have a good laugh everytime because I can tell that they are unable to do anything about it other than pulling the plug. In any case, I think that if you are rage quitting at the time of a match then you do loose points. So, its similar to loosing the match anyways. Once, because of too much lagging, I quit the game and saw that I lost some points.