Thread: Risen 3 Titan Lords game will not start

Risen 3 Titan Lords game will not start

So, after a long time, almost 1 month, I was waiting for some new games with 3rd person view and now here it comes in the form of Risen 3 Titan Lords. But too my disappointment, after installing this game I found out that this game wont past after the save icons turn into a circle. I have already turned off all the antivirus and other security software on my computer but still the game wont launch. Can anyone tell me how do I get this game to run normally? Thanks

Re: Risen 3 Titan Lords game will not start

There is a temporary fix till they release a patch for this game. To do this, you need to go to Start and then type msconfig in the Search box. After that click on tbhe "Boot" tab and then click on Advanced. Now you need to click on the arrow which says "Number of processors" and set the cores accordingly. After that simply restart your computer and then see if the game works fine or not. If not then you might have problems meeting the games basic minimum requirements.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Most of the Nvidia graphics card owner's are only the ones who are facing this problem where this game Risen 3 Titan Lords wont start in their computer. So, to solve this issue you all should try to uninstall the 3d stereoscopic or whatever it might be called in your Nvidia driver. This was the same problem that was going in the previous version of the game Risen 2, so this solution will be liable for this new version as well. Since you do not need the 3d display and 3d glasses you will not need that anyway.

I have seen this same issue with the other 2 games and it might be the same bug that is causing this game not to start at all. So to solve this issue, you need to go into Control Panel and then Program Features and then uninstall anything related to Physx. After that go into your Steam Folder > Steamapps > Common > Risen 3 >_CommonRedist > PhysX > 9.13.1220, and reinstall PhysX with the .msi file that is available there. After that reboot your computer and hopefully the game will start this time.