Thread: Can't play Train Simulator on Windows 8.1

Can't play Train Simulator on Windows 8.1

I hope Train Simulator is compatible with Windows 8.1. I had upgraded my system. But after that I am not able to play Train Simulator. I had removed it and re-installed it back again. But it fails to work. I hope there will be some option of doing the same. I had copied the save game files also. After installation when I double click on the icon, it appears but then it goes black screen. And the game does not start. My friend has formatted my pc and installed all that is needed. I called him but he will be available next week. Till that time I want some troubleshooting tips.

Re: Can't play Train Simulator on Windows 8.1

Remove the game from your pc first. After that you have to go in Device Manager. For that right click on My Computer and then click on Manage. In that you can find Device Manager. Check the video hardware on the same. See that if there is any exclamation mark on it or not. If yes then it means the hardware is damage and it is not having proper drivers. You have to remove it and install it back again and I am quiet sure it will work. You can find the latest drivers on the official site of your motherboard manufacturer.

If re-installation is not helping you in fixing the issue then there is one more thing you can do. You can try to run the game in compatibility mode that will help you more. You have to right click on the game icon and choose properties. In the tab on your screen you can find a compatibility tab. Click on that and from the drop down list you have to choose the version of operating system you have. Choose Windows XP from that. And then click on ok. Now double click on the game to run it back.

Just try to check some other games also and see if you are getting the exactly same error. If yes then it is driver fault. The existing one is unable to produce the maximum resolution. You have to simply recheck the same. First try to remove the old one from your system. Just uninstall the same and then simply install a new one. You can find the same directly on the official site of your gpu manufacturer. I am quiet sure if you play with the drivers the issue will be resolved. Just run windows update also.

Along with drivers update there are few more thing your system needs to run the game. The first thing that your system needs is the directx update. You can find that download on the official site of Microsoft. Just download and install the same in your system. The second thing you need is dot net framework. Just install hat also. And then it will start working fine. After adding this thing you have to run windows update that will help you more in fixing the issue. After when the system is updated run the game.

What windows version you have. Is it a 32bit or a 64bit operating system. And on that basis you have to find the drivers. You might be using the wrong one. It is also good if you can try running the game on the basis of compatibility. This will also help you in dealing with the issue. Sometime you try to run it in the 64bit environment and it fails to start. You can modify the compatibility by right clicking on the program and choose properties. Click the compatibility tab and choose a old operating system. That will help.