Thread: The Room game will not start at all

The Room game will not start at all

I had recently purchased The Room game from Steam since it was coming for only $4.99. So, after downloading and installing it when I try to play this game then it wont run at all. When I click on the Play button then all I get is a loading box and after some time it disappears all of a sudden. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Even after uninstalling and reinstalling, the game wont work? Any ideas

Re: The Room game will not start at all

The problem that you are facing is normally a Steam related issue that can be easily fixed. All you need to do is to quit or exit Steam completely if you are logged in. After that you need to go into this folder - C:\Program Files\Steam" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam and then delete a file called clientregistry.blob from the same Steam folder. After that you will need restart the Steam client installed in your pc again. If this solution is not working for you then report us back again.

Re: The Room game will not start at all

Can you try to disable background applications and see if that works. There might be some background applications in your pc that is causing interference with Steam. There are some internet security software like Little Snitch, Peer Guardian and Norton/Symantec Internet Security that cause this kind of problems. If you suspect that an Internet Security application is the root cause of the issue, you may want to consider fully uninstalling the Internet Security application. You can get more steps on this page - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...6218-USFX-5568