Thread: Unhandled exception error while running Trine Enchanted Edition

Unhandled exception error while running Trine Enchanted Edition

I am running Windows 7 on my pc and all games run fine on my system. After getting a copy of Trine Enchanted Edition and running it on my pc, I keep getting the below error message:
    Unhandled exception
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Address: 0x7565841A in RPCRT4.dll:75658000
    Related modules: ntdll.dll RPCRT4.dll ADVAPI32.dll kernel32.dll
    Minidump:
    D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Trine\_enchanted_edition_\log\trine1_32bit.exe_35f83a75.dmp
    I have also tried to run it by double cliking on the game.exe file but still it will give me the same error message. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this issue? Thanks

Re: Unhandled exception error while running Trine Enchanted Edition

I think that the problem occurs if you are attempting to start Trine Enchanted Edition game from the games launcher. There are at times this issue with the same exception code that you get are usually happening with other applications. Mostly this happens with the overlay programs like XFire for instance. So, if you have that running then can you try to turn off this kind of programs before starting this game and check if the issue persists. Incase, this still doesnt work for you then you can try to enter the below code in your Steam launch options and see if that works:
    -disableMinidump

If the above solution doesnt work for you then check whether you need to update your graphics card drivers and DirectX version as well, in your pc first. Another method would be to try to rename or remove the atiags.dll file in the Trian Enchanted Edition folder. But before removing that file, you should first of all take a back of the same file incase something wrong happens. You will be able to find this file by going to this location - ..\Steam\SteamApps\common\Trine\_enchanted_edition_

If none of the above solution is working for you then try to follow the usual method of verifying the game cache. To do that follow the below steps:
    1. First of all Start Steam on your pc.
    2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
    4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
    5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

More information is given on this official page - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2037-QEUH-3335