Thread: unable to start Grand Chase game

unable to start Grand Chase game

After installing the Grand Chase game recently released on Steam, it wont start at all. After clicking on Play button i get a message about preparing to launch game but after some seconds it will disappear and the game wont start. When I manually went into the steam game folder and double clicked on grandchase.exe file then it will normally start and I can also login but it will not use steam. So how can I link my Steam account to this game then. Any ideas?

Re: unable to start Grand Chase game

I am also having similar issues while starting this game on my computer. When I am trying to open it through Steam then first the client will popup but within few seconds it will just disappear without any errors. After searching for a while I found out that this problem could be related with their anti-hacking and cheating application called "xTrap" since it is affecting background applications like antivirus, keyboard, mouse, etc. Lets wait for few days other than closing all the background programs to solve this issue.

The only fix for now is to exit Steam completely, also make sure that it is not running in the background. After that open this folder - \SteamLibrary\SteamAps\common\Grand Chase\grandchase.exe and double click to play the game. There is also no need to turn off any antivirus or firewall for this issue. This game just works fine but is not able to be launced with Steam running. I usually play all Steam games like this way only and havent had any issues till now.

It seems that you will have to link your Grand Chase account to Steam. The first time you launch Grand Chase via Steam, log on with your existing Grand Chase account. You should then be able to launch the game and play right away. Account Migration from GameRage. If you have a GameRage account that is not migrated yet, you must migrate it first to a KOG Games account before logging in and downloading the game in Steam, in order to keep your old characters. If you don’t have an existing KOG Games account, you need to create one here - https://myaccount.elswordonline.com/...ion/grandchase