Thread: All games crashing after upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1

All games crashing after upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1

I had updated my system to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8. I am having a quit decent pc for gaming. Before all games were working fine. But after that all games are crashing. I have games like Battlefield, COD, Murder Souls, etc. None of this are working. All are crashing. When I double click on them there is a black screen and then a error saying the program stopped working. How to get rid of this problem. I am not able to play anything. I cannot even go back on the old state. Is there a way to get Windows 8 back.

Re: All games crashing after upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1

You cannot downgrade. For that you have to format your pc and install Windows 8 from scratch. Before doing that there are few things you can try out and I am quiet sure that will help you in fixing the issue. Like you can simply go with latest drivers update. Update the graphic drivers first. Then go with others. And try back. Run windows update. There are maximum changes that new updates are going to resolve the problem. If nothing works then the last option left is to format and install everything back again.

Re: All games crashing after upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1

The issue can be fixed if you install all your games back one by one. It is good if you can backup the save game files first. So that you wont loose any save games. You can find them in C drive inside Program Data folder. There is a steam folder and most of save games are in that folder. Just copy them. Try to find the save game based on your game you can find that information on Google. Backup that and then install everything back again. Try updating your all system drivers and check again.