Thread: A Story of my uncle crashing with some missing dll error

A Story of my uncle crashing with some missing dll error

I had installed A Story of my Uncle video game in my pc. The setup was proper. But when I double clicked on the icon to launch the game it crash with some missing dll file error. While at the time of installation it did not popped up any error about damage system file. What is this error about. I cannot play the game. I had re-installed it two times but still the game stuck on the same thing. I cannot test that on my laptop as it is not having a graphic card. So the game is not going to work.

Re: A Story of my uncle crashing with some missing dll error

Looks like damage or corrupt setup files. You have to recheck the same back again. It is good if you can find some other place to run the game. Just to test that the setup file is proper. But still if that does not work then you have to get a new installation. If you are having the DVD then ask the seller to send you a different one. Try to update your video drivers also. That will also help you. Most of this errors are resolved if you add the latest video driver in your system.

Re: A Story of my uncle crashing with some missing dll error

I know the solution for this error. This is due to direct x. You are not having the latest version in your system due to which you are getting the issue. You will need directx, visual c++ and dot net updates in your systems. Just download all of them or just run windows update to get the latest one. That will be enough to resolve the issue. Once done start the game back again. There is no need to re-install it. I had gone through this error a number of time. But after adding the latest windows components things are resolved.