Thread: Spintires flickering too much due to crossfire?

Spintires flickering too much due to crossfire?

I have 2 HD 7000 series graphics card in crossfire in my pc along with 8 gb ram and fx8350 cpu. This configuration is good enough to play Spintires I am sure. But after lauching the game, when I am plying it then it is flickering too much and it is not playable at all. Is this somekind of problem with my Crossfire setup which is not supporting the game? Does anyone have a good reason why this game is uplayable even on the supported graphics? Thanks

Re: Spintires flickering too much due to crossfire?

Can you try to play the game in a Windowed mode and see if the flickering issue stops? If there is no problem of flickering in this mode and the game runs fine, then it is sure to be a crossfire problem. The game developers will need to release a patch to fix this issue. Or else, you are better off to play the game only on one GPU since Spintires will run better on it. This game does looks like it doesnt require high graphics but due to some bug in the game itself it might be not supporting the dual graphics.

I think that the flickering issue with Spintires could be because of the AMD graphics card since there are also a lot of texture bugs when using the AMD card. Has anyone faced similar issue on a Nvidia card? You could try to uninstall the latest 14.6 beta graphics drivers from your system and check if that works. Try to install an old final version of the graphics driver and see if there are any flickering or any other kind of troubles. Please report back if you are still facing problems.

Even I am playing the game in Windowed mode and it seems that it is the only solution for me right now. When I am trying to play it in full screen mode then the game is totally unplayable. Spintires is flickering so fast that I am getting motion sickness most of the time. I think that this will be the first time that I will have to disable the crossfire setup that I am using on my system. This games developer need to fix this problem as soon as possible for the dual card users by giving us an update.