Thread: Spintires freezing after 10 minutes of gameplay

Spintires freezing after 10 minutes of gameplay

I had installed Spintires on my windows 8.1 system. The pc has a core 2 duo processor with nvidia 600 series graphic card. There is 4GB ram on the same. The game installation was proper. There was no issue with crash. But later it started freezing in between. It happens each time when I play and after 10 to 15 minutes the game freezes. I am unable to find any solution for the same. I tried to restart the pc and then played again but the same issue. Texture quality is also not so great.

Re: Spintires freezing after 10 minutes of gameplay

Try to reduce your game resolution and try to play. Instead of playing it on full-screen, play it on window mode and check. That will be enough to resolve the issue. You can go in the settings where you can find the resolution option on the top side. Reduce that to minimum and check back. It will work fine. The issue is common with some old graphic card who does support high end graphics and you face this freezing or lagging issue. Just adjust the resolution and check back.

Launch spintires and start a level. Then press escape to go in settings. In that you have to disable a few things that will enhance the gaming output. Like remove the section from Enable SSAO, Enable FXAA, Motion Blur and Shadowmaps. Disable all this things. And then try to play back. Reduce to resolution as per your need. You can keep it low but not very low so that you wont get good graphic output. I am quiet sure after thing the game will not lag.

There are more things you can do to enhance the gameplay. You can reduce the graphic settings to more lower so that the gaming output is appropriate. Like under Level of detail distance you have to choose low. The same will go for Grass Density, Particles and Shader Quality. At the bottom you can see Anisotropic texture filtering. Set that to less than 8x. Start the game and check again. Here you can still play in full-screen mode.

It can be due to to your outdated video drivers. Most of the game lags if the video driver you have is very old. It is unable to give you proper graphic output. You have to check that first. Whenever you receive any new nvidia driver update you can see a exclamation mark on the system tray. There is a nvidia icon and you can see a exclamation mark on that. If there is any just update the drivers and test back. It is good to reduce the game graphic settings so that you can get appropriate output.

If you are done with all above stuff and still thing that the game is not working well then there is one more way to resolve the issue. You have to locate whether your graphic card is heating or not. If it is then you have to clean the dust. To find out you can install a some simple gpu monitor on your system. This gpu monitor will give you real-time temperature of your gpu and on that basis you can troubleshoot the output.