Thread: playing FINAL FANTASY III on Windows XP

playing FINAL FANTASY III on Windows XP

I recently saw that the old Final Fantasy III game has been ported on PC on the Steam Store. I was thinking of buying this game which is not very costly but I want to play it on my Windows XP system. When I checked the game's requirements then there was nothing mentioned on the page whether it supports Windows XP or not? Since this game is not much graphics demanding so I hope that it will work on Windows XP. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Re: playing FINAL FANTASY III on Windows XP

I dont think that Final Fantasy III is supported in Windows XP but as per its graphics interface it should be playable. Most of the games that are releasing, now a days, are very demanding supporting Windows 7 64bit operating system. You also know that Windows XP support has been abandoned by Microsoft, so most of the game developers are releasing their games on the new operating system. Right now a very small percentage of people are using Windows XP, so you can expect from the developer to release their games on newer OS.

As this game is ported on PC system just recently so the developers have not included Windows XP support for this game, since the autoupdate service for XP OS was stopped last month from microsoft. If Final Fantasy III is using the DirectX 10 or 11 version then it will not support XP but otherwise it will work fine. Many people are using Windows XP on their machine till now which is still useful. But due to its no support I would recommend you to upgrade to Windows 7 which supports all games released till date.

After installing Windows XP in virtual machine I installed it on the same OS, the result, it is unable to launch from Steam. When you will try to launch it from the launcher then it will give an error message that says "not a valid win32 application". But when you try to launch it from ff3_win32.exe then it launches in Windowed mode. If you try to press the ESC button then the game will crash. The game has been also given default keyboard mappings.