Thread: Watch_Dogs crashes after few minutes of playing

Watch_Dogs crashes after few minutes of playing

Watch Dogs was a must buy game for me and I have long waited for it. After finally buying and installing it in my machine I am quite disappointed with the crashing problem. This game launches fine on my machine but after playing it for sometime, it will crash suddenly. I have already restarted the game but still it will crash no matter what I do, like turning of motion blur and vsync and even playing at the lowest graphics settings, it just crashes. Is there anyone who can tell me how to fix this issue? Thanks

Re: Watch_Dogs crashes after few minutes of playing

Even I am facing the same crashing problem with this game. After playing it for couple of minutes Watch Dogs will crash and I have no option but to hard restart my pc by pressing the reset button to do anything else, cant even press ctrl+esc or ctrl+alt+del because it will not work. When I am playing it in Windowed mode then crash will still happen but after some more time. I have already installed the latest AMD graphics driver in my pc and all other games are working fine.

I have heard that Nvidia has partnered with Ubisoft publisher to optimise Watch Dogs game for Nvidia video cards only. Hence people with AMD Radeon graphics card are supposed to suffer with stuttering, fps drops and poor performance in Watch Dogs game. However, AMD has released a new graphics drivers that is optimised for Watch Dogs and other games as well. So download and install the Catalyst 14.6 drivers released yesterday from the below link and install it in your pc and check if there is any improvement:

http://www.techarena.in/news/258590-...e-download.htm

Watch Dogs on my pc was also crashing alot so after a long time searching I found out that if we disable both the Steam and Uplay Overlay then it will solve the problem of crashing. To do that you will have to go to Steam library and right click on Watch Dogs and go to its properties and then uncheck the "Enable Ingame Overlay". You also need to open Uplay and go under its settings and find out an option to disable it. This way you will not face any more issues.