Thread: How does Steam Family Sharing works

How does Steam Family Sharing works

Steam came up with this family sharing features where people can share games among them. I just want to know how it works. I am not able to understand this. I have a few games with me and my cousin also has a bunch of good games. Now if I want to play those game what I have to do. I do not want to re-buy them. If there is a good sharing option then I can share my games with him. Does steam charge for this. If yes then on what basis.

Re: How does Steam Family Sharing works

It is a great feature by Steam where you have a option to share games among your family and guest. For that you have to authorize shared pc and users. And then you can share the games. If any family member of your install a new game you can send a request to them for sharing the game and then you can play it. Everything here works through a library where you make a list and then share the game with others.

Re: How does Steam Family Sharing works

Steam Family Sharing is easy to setup. I am using the same. I had shared a few games with my cousin who are able to play. For that you have to first install Steam Guard. Then you have to enable sharing. That you can do that through Settings > Family. You have to authorize pc in this section and then users with whom you want to share the game. That's it. Tell them to send request and accept that.