Thread: Far Cry 3 bottleneck Core i5 system

Far Cry 3 bottleneck Core i5 system

It is a bit weird issue in my pc. I am trying to play far cry 3. I had installed this game and there was no problem with the setup. It worked well for few minutes in the starts. There were cinematic that worked well. But then the system started freezing. When I exit the game the system works well. This looks like the system is getting bottle-necked. What should I do. I am having a quiet decent hardware with 2GB video memory. The game must work.

Re: Far Cry 3 bottleneck Core i5 system

When you are playing game go in the video settings and reduce the screen resolution. That will help you more in getting a working solution. The game freezes on high resolution and gives you this kind of problem. You can try to make it lower until the game works flawlessly. If the game still lag then it means you have to update your video driver. You can find the latest drivers on the official site of your gpu manufacturer.

Re: Far Cry 3 bottleneck Core i5 system

There are many settings in the video section of any game. Like Vync, Anti-aliasing, shadow effect, etc. You have to turn those thing off. Just stick with low profile so that the game can work quiet nicely and does not provide any problem. 1366x768 is the best resolution I think for planing high end games. You can turn off the vsync and reduce gamma settings and then check back. That will make the game work a bit more better.