Thread: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 lags on AMD FX8350 system

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 lags on AMD FX8350 system

AMD FX8350 is a high end processor. But still I can see there is a performance glitch in that. I am playing Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 on that. It is not a very high graphic games. I am having 4GB ram with 1GB Nvidia graphic card. And it must work well. When I play the game lags in between. I use the arrow keys to checkout different location. But it lags and this very annoying.

Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 lags on AMD FX8350 system

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 might not be having heavy graphics but it is a vast game. This game has many objects to load up and this might cause the issue. You have to re-install it to resolve the problem. Try to reduce your graphic settings also which will also help you in playing the game more better. Backup your save game files if you have any then just re-install it. The game will work proper.

Lagging is a bug in this game. It is not a new problem. I had seen too many complains about the game. It even freezes on a high end gaming pc. Re-installing will help. But if not then there is nothing you can do. It is not your graphic cards fault. You have to check your video driers. Just update that and test back. If not then try to install the game in different directory. This will also help.

In my case I am having a problem with loading the game. I had completed around 50% of this game and when I try to load the old profile it stuck in between. I having Dell 2420 system which has a Nvidia gpu. It works well on low settings, but it is unable to give me maximum output. I had copied the save game files and tried to delete them. And then copied the backup file back on the same place but still the issue is same.

Just check that is there any application which is interrupting the game launch. You can find that through Task Manager. Under process you can get list of all applications working in the background. Terminate those which are not needed. If you are unable to get information from Task Manager then there is one more app you can use. You can download and add Hijackthis. This app is also good and it gives you a long list of applications working in the background.

I don't know about any other solution, just update your video drivers. I was playing this game. I had changed the resolution to low and was playing this on window mode. When I drag the ground in it, the screen lags a lot. I first thought the game was not properly installed. I removed it and installed it back again and it worked. It now works really well and there is no issue in the output.

Sometime new drivers cause the issue. You can resolve the issue if you can downgrade the drivers. My solution will work for amd users. I had updated the drivers and after that started getting problems. The game was also and I was unable to get appropriate output form the same. It also lag a lot. I had downgraded the drivers to AMD Drivers to 13.4 and the issue is resolved. I am able to play the game more effectively than before.

Game lagging can be also due to heating. You have to check that also. You can install a temperature monitor application like HWMonitor. This app is quiet great. It gives you detail information on every temperature of gpu or processor in the system. Just install this and see if the gpu temperature is high. If it is then you have to clean your system.