Thread: Will applying liquid cooler will boost game fps

Will applying liquid cooler will boost game fps

My graphic output is not as good as it is expected. Even on a high end graphic card things are very slow and laggy. I am talking about a AMD FX series system. I think the cpu is heating over here. I want to ask that is it good to add a liquid cooler. Will it boost the game fps or it will remain the same as it is now. I had seen on many hardware forums people recommend to stick with liquid cooler for better output.

Re: Will applying liquid cooler will boost game fps

Liquid cooler will just keep your cpu cooler. That means you can simply play games for longer period. It does not means that your fps will again. For that you have to check your graphic settings. It is a gpu limitation and it can be resolved by tuning the gpu. There are lots of guide available online which will give you enough information on increasing your system fps. Updating the latest drivers matters a lot here.

Good fps is necessary when you are playing games online. To some extent this also depend on your monitor. If you are using a very old model then you cannot do anything. There are few gaming monitors available in the market that come loaded with high refresh rate. They provide you more gaming comfort. You can play games and also get amazing fps on the same. If you can post your monitor details here then I can help.

Liquid cooler will only keep your system more cooler. It will surely boost the processing power of your system. The more cpu remain cools the more better performance you will get on the screen. The system will not lag or free. The gps thing here depend on your graphic card. If it is getting too much hot then you face problem like this. Your fps fell down and the graphic quality which you are facing is also not so great.

If you want a good fps then apply liquid cooler to your graphic card instead of cpu. Install a temperature monitor application. HWMonitor is the best one because it gives you a overall hardware temperature. You can add this to get exact ratings on your system. And see what is actually heating up. If the gpu is having a high temperature you have to find a good solution for that. Or else it will not work.

FPS is a big problem for people who are not satisfied from their gpu. It is very common that even after being having the best gpu your system will be low on gaming output. This can be due to bottleneck. You might having a best hardware but you are using a old motherboard or old ram. Where the overall performance is affected and will not give you appropriate output.

Sometime you have to find the right driver version. I had seen people blindly update all the latest drier without checking out first. Always maintain a old driver backup so that if there is any problem when you install new drivers, you can instantly roll back the old one. Windows itself has that feature. I do this always when I installed new drivers and when it is not proper I restore the old one.

Along-with driver you have to also check the game settings. Every game has a dedicated video settings where you can improve its output by optimizing it. Like you can configure the resolution to low or you can disable tings which are not needed. Vysnc, shadow, anti-aliasing, etc needs too much resources. You can turn this thing off and see. Your fps will be more better. Use the best lowest settings. Where your visibility is not affected.

That is right. Once you are done with updating driers you have to go in the video settings of the game and optimize its video output. Many games have some advance features which makes the game output more poor because your gpu is already doing overtime. You can disable them to reduce gpu usage and get more fps. Do not play on high settings if you are not having a high end graphic card.