Thread: Planet Explorers game crashes at launch

Planet Explorers game crashes at launch

I recently bought this game called Planet Explorers but when I am trying to launch it then it will crash. What happens is when I click on the launcher then the screen will go white and nothing will happen. All other games are working fine but not this one. I have re-downloaded the game again, checked everything is up to date but to no avail. Does anyone know how to solve the crashing problem? Thanks

Re: Planet Explorers game crashes at launch

What is the graphics card make and model that you have in your pc? It was mentioned that the crashes occur due to the lack of Opencl. This game needs opencl on either the GPU or the Processor to run on. You need to verify that your graphics card supports opencl and then make sure that your driver is up to date. Even if you dont have an opencl compatible video card but you do have an opencl compatible processor then go to launcher options and choose just the CPU option within opencl selection and it will solve the issue for you.

Is your system running on 64bit edition operating system, if yes then you need to install the 32bit vesion of the VC++ Runtime for the game to work. The crashing problem also happens because of a file missing called the MSVCR100.dll which comes in bundle with Visual C++ 2010 Runtime. So you will need to download and install the vcredist.exe in your pc from this link - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=5555.

I was also facing the same problem where this game was crashing every now and then in combat. When I am using the vanilla blaster and fighting with the alien guy then the crash happens most of the time. Really the game doesnt seems to be optimized to run well on our PC even with the Geforce GT 120 graphics card that I am using. I am forced to play on the lowest settings now with the shadows disabled and only in this condition the game works well.