Thread: fix for Xbox 360 controller while playing Finn and Jake's Epic Quest

fix for Xbox 360 controller while playing Finn and Jake's Epic Quest

I have already checked that Finn and Jake's Epic Quest game supports Xbox 360 controller, so I immediately bought this game from Steam. But after switching to my controller to play this game the input doesnt seem to be working. So, I was thinking that it might be some controller issue and therefore I disconnected and plugged it again and it started working fine in menu. But when the game started the controller refused to work? Now I dont know how to solve this issue, so if anyone is facing any similar issue and has gotten it to work then please let me know. Thanks

Re: fix for Xbox 360 controller while playing Finn and Jake's Epic Quest

When you first start the game then you need to force your Xbox 360 controller to the Player 1 slot on the receiver and then it will work easily. You might have tied up somethine else to the player 1 slot and hence your Xbox 360 controller is not working while you are playing games, even though it is working in the main menu area. So, try to follow this method that I have suggested and then see if it works for you or not.

Can you tell us whether you are able to play any other game with the xbox 360 controller? If you are not able to play then surely it might be an issue with the controller itself. You will need to repair it or clear off some dust that gets settled in its button or so. I had a usb Logitech controller as well and it was working great for me. But later on I stopped using it for over a year and now when I connect it in my pc to play some games then it will not work properly and I have to clear all the dusts from inside all the time.

This game does support Xbox 360 controller and the controls are already setup by default. You wont be able to customize the controls either but still there are 3 presets that you might be able to choose from like 2 different keyboard setups and a controller mode. I dont want to customize the controller because the preset itself is good and not troubling. If your Xbox controller is not working then maybe its the controller problem which might be out of battery or even damaged.