Thread: The Wolf Among Us update to Episode 3 wont start

The Wolf Among Us update to Episode 3 wont start

I was previously having The Wolf Among Us Episode 1 and Episode 2 installed in my computer and it was running without any issues. But after updating it to Episode 3, the game will not start at all. When I am trying to start the game then it will close itself down with an error telling me that I do not have access to this game? I have purchased the game from Steam so why I am now able to access it? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Re: The Wolf Among Us update to Episode 3 wont start

First of all, can you tell us whether you have installed the latest version of the graphics card driver in your computer. If you have any other games purchased from Steam then is it launching fine for you? If you are using any xbox controller then try to disconnect it and then try to launch The Wolf Among Us Episode 3 game. This game requires 2010 C++ runtime so download and install it from the microsoft website and see if the game launches fine.

Many people were facing this problem because they had older versions of Windows and DirectX versions installed in their system. However in order to solve this issue you will need to put a file called dinput8.dll in the game directory. Just download this file from the below attachment and copy it directly in your 'The Wolf Among Us' folder which might be located in this path - \Games\Steam\SteamApps\Common\The Wolf Among Us and then launch the game.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quit buying your games on Steam dumb ass.

Seriously how stupid do you clowns have to be to not get through yoru heads STEAM CAUSES GAMES TO HAVE PROBLEMS.

And don't bother trying to argue with this because problems with Steam are on every gosh forsaken forum on the internet so it is impossible to not know. And don't bother trying to say I'm rude because I do not care and I'm not going to read the BS replies.

How about I'm sick and tired of people complaining about Steam on every ****ing forum..That itself is rude to a viewer like myself. And don't pull this We'll ban you or go somewhere else crap excuses.

Here is the solution
    If you don't want problems then QUIT using Steam dumb asses and if you can only get the game through Steam, then do what everyone else who doesn't want problems with games via Steam..Buy the game then use a crack.
    it's a very well know and documented fact that people who either don't buy a game through Steam (AKA AC:IV) or use a crack to bypass needing to use Steam HAVE THE GAMES RUN WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS.

A game that runs perfectly fine without Steam but has problems when Steam is running, is sheer proof that Steam is the problem..and people actually try denying that and or saying it's not a fact..when guess what for something that isn't a fact, it's pretty well documented.

Get your head out of your ass and quit using Steam...Do that and you will stop having problems. Simple as that

If all the solution are not working for you then try to verify the games cache and see if that works. To do that completely exit Steam and then relaunch it in administrator mode. After that go to the Library section and then right click on The Wolf Among Us game and choose Properties. Now choose Local Files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache button. After some time the process will be completed and then try to relaunch the game again.