Thread: Common fix for PS4 startup problem

Common fix for PS4 startup problem

What are the common things to do to fix PS4 start-up problems. I am not able to find any working solution. My friend has one. We are playing a lots of game on it. I found that it is getting very hot. And sometime in the morning when we turn it on it does not start. But after an hour things went back to normal. I am looking for a fix for that. What are the common start-up things that can be done to fix bootup issue of PS4.

Re: Common fix for PS4 startup problem

Did you call the customer support for that. I am sure they can help you. It looks like your console is having some kind of hardware problem. Due to which you are facing the problem. You have to carry it to the service center to get it repaired. All this consoles comes with a process which heatsup due to improper cooling. The fan inside might be slow or is damage due to which you are facing. Just take to the repair center.

If it is a hardware issue then surely the power supply of PS4 is not working properly. You cannot fix it on your own. You have to take that to the service center. It happens something damage product are sold. And your console is under warranty. So get it fixed. But if there is a problem again ask for replacement. You have a faulty piece with you. Most of the time this type of issue does not appear in a new console.

When PS4 fails to start you will get a blue blinking light on it. It is true that if there is a psu problem this light will keep on blinking.I will recommend you to check the connections. See that the consoles is properly connected. Faulty cable can be also a problem. Check all the connection first. Change the power socket also and check back. I am sure this will be enough to fix the issue if there is no serious hardware problem.

The most common reason behind no start-up is the hard drive. It can be due to weak connection or damage drive. You can check that on your own. For that first turn off the console completely. Hold the power button for few seconds.After that you will have to slide the hard drive cover to remove it. It is easy to pull out. Once you remove the cover you can see the hard drive. See the connection. Just verify that it is connected properly.

I will not recommend you to do that. It can be problematic. Do not attempt to open it if your console is under warranty. You will loose that instantly. Instead try the upper things. Like changing the power cable, hdmi cables, etc. Place your hand on the ventilation part and check whether it is hot or not. If there is lot of hot air blow out then your console is heating too much. It is a common problem.

You can boot the console in safe mode. If it works well then it means the problem is with the software not with the hardware. You can troubleshoot it. In safe mode you can try various things to fix the problem. For that turn the console off first. Then hold the power button for sometime and you will hear a beep sound. Just release the button after two beeps and hold it back for few second. The console will be in safe mode. You can reset the settings.

Under safe mode there are few things you can do which will resolve the problem. First you can run a update. If it is available then it is great. If not then just Restore Default Settings. Most of the time this resolve the problem. If this does not work then Initialize PS4. It will wipe out everything in the console. All data, your save games,etc. Take a backup before doing this. If nothing works then the hard drive is not proper.