Thread: Credit Card error on PS4 billing details

Credit Card error on PS4 billing details

Want a bit help to add Credit Card details on PS4. Whenever I am trying to add that I am getting a invalid card error. I was using the same one before on PS3 where it works well.I sold the old one and bought PS4 and now it is not accepting my card details. Can anyone help me here. What should I do. I am clueless here. I want to buy certain upgrades, but as it is not accepting the payment I am unable to do anything.

Re: Credit Card error on PS4 billing details

I had also gone through that issue. I was getting "Your credit card information could not be updated. It’s been updated too often within a short amount of time. Please try again in a few minutes" error when I was trying to add my dad's credit card number. I had contacted the bank also they say there might some issue with console server. Later on I added my brother's card and it worked. It is really weird.

There can be some issue with the server at moment. Better try back after few hours. PSN accepts almost all major credit cards. Just check that your inserting information properly. If there is any space or any additional characters after number you might get the issue. There are other payment methods also available that you can test. Just checkout them also and see whether those information are accepted or not. If not then contact the PS4 customer support.

Can be a problem with the billing address. You have to chance that. Once you make changes you have to wait back for 24hours to get it updated. So if you are doing changes then ensure that you are giving the best correct information. It happens that sometime certain typing mistakes give you problem. So make changes and wait back for 24hours to get you a proper output. This might surely work.

If nothing works then the best thing you can do is try some Alternate payment options. There are to payment mode Paypal and PSN Card. I am not having credit card so I am using Paypal. This one is the easiest. You just have to create account and you will need to link your bank accounts on it. That's it. You can use it for payment purpose. Or you can try using PSN cards. They are also available online. You can directly buy one with prescribed amount.

I got this issue when I was trying to add my billing information. Th console was not accepting the payment mode. After searching on Google I found a official website that offers Guidelines for entering billing information. That helped me. There was some special characters in the address that I was using. And due to that I was not able to add payment. I removed all those stuff and then added it back and it worked. You have to also check the same thing.

You can add Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express types of credit card only. You can also use a debit card. Check that your card has a Vista or MasterCard logo on that. If not then your card won't be accepted in the payment page. Your billing address also plays a major role. If it is not proper then also you will get the error. If you have a International bank card then you cannot use that with PSN of North American region.

I had got PS4 Error Code E-8200002E error when I and my friend were trying to add credit information. This error was constant for three days. But later on it stopped automatically. The card was accepted. It looks sometime there is a problem with the psn servers. You have to sit back if you are have a valid card. Most of the international debit cards are accepted on PSN. The customer card did not helped much.