Thread: How to play Halo: Spartan Assault in Windowed Mode

How to play Halo: Spartan Assault in Windowed Mode

So I bought this new game called Halo: Spartan Assault from Windows Store and installed it in my computer which is running on Windows 8 operating system. The game runs fine without any issues but the only thing that I couldnt find in the game options was that there is no window mode to play this game? Is there any setting for playing Halo: Spartan Assault in Windowed Mode in Windows 8? If there is then I am all ears for it. Thanks

Re: How to play Halo: Spartan Assault in Windowed Mode

After looking at the wiki page of Halo: Spartan Assault it seems that if you have the Steam version this game then you need to toggle with Alt+Enter keys on your keyboard to run the game in Windowed mode. But as far as for Windows store it is not applicable. So, you wont be able to play this game in Windowed mode if you have purchased it from the Windows Store. But I believe that there could be some setting to do it, let me research for it on the net.

Yeah, it seems that if you have got the Windows Store version of Halo: Spartan Assault game then there is not support for it yet. But there is a tool called ModernMix that allows you to put Modern UI or Metro apps in Windows, so try to install this app and see if it can support the game to be played in Windows mode. Note that this software is available for a trial period of 30 days only and after that you will have to buy it at $4.99.

It seems that the old Wiki version stated that there is no support for Windowed mode for this game but the latest covers up that if you press Alt+Enter key then it does work for Windows Store version of this game as well. Even if it doesnt then you can try to use the ModernMix tool mentioned above which is used to display a window in all applications that tend to go in immersive fashion (Metro). With ModernMix, you can have the ability to open any application from the Windows Store or that is already installed in Windows 8, and place in a corner of the screen, in order to always keep in mind.