Thread: black screen issue with Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD

black screen issue with Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD

So, I downloaded the ported version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD remake and installed it in my computer. After launching the game when the intro video comes then suddenly the screen turns black and I get some error saying that Nvidia kernel mode crashed? All other games are working fine on my pc then why is this game not launching properly. Is there anyone else who is facing this same issue? Thanks

Re: black screen issue with Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD

This is really strange, I am using a GTS 400 series graphics card and I am also facing the same problem with the black screen on the Mercury Steam logo. I think that this problem is happening with all the Nvidia video card owners only and all Amd Radeon cards are not facing this issue. I even went into the Nvidia Control Panel and turned off many things for this game but still it wont get fixed. Seems like this port is not optimized for Nvidia cards.

There was a guy who was able to play this game by changing some settings. First you need to go to \Documents\MercurySteam\Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD\ and get inside a folder with long number where you will see config.ini file, open it and change to the below settings:

[GRAPHICS]
    brightness=20
    motionblur=false
    morphologicalantialising=false
    [SCREEN]
    width=1280
    height=800
    fullscreen=true

After that launch the game and when the bat appears then press start to skip the cutscene, you will get black screen, then pres Alt+ tab to go to desktop and then wait for some minutes and then launch the game again, it will be playable now.

Well, did you all try to update your Nvidia graphics driver to the latest version? Since most of the user with Nvidia graphics card are having problems so it is possible that this game is not ported properly for some graphics card brand. If possible try to play it with your onboard graphics integrated on the motherboard and see if that works. If still it shows the error then possibly the developers of the game need to release a patch to fix this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rithweek View Post
    This is really strange, I am using a GTS 400 series graphics card and I am also facing the same problem with the black screen on the Mercury Steam logo. I think that this problem is happening with all the Nvidia video card owners only and all Amd Radeon cards are not facing this issue. I even went into the Nvidia Control Panel and turned off many things for this game but still it wont get fixed. Seems like this port is not optimized for Nvidia cards.
    Wrong it's only happening to the people who don't have a high end NVIDIA GPU
    I have an Nvidia Geforce 560ti and have no problems.