Thread: Slow motion problem in Resident Evil 4: Ultimate HD Edition

Slow motion problem in Resident Evil 4: Ultimate HD Edition

I downloaded and installed this new remake of Resident Evil 4: Ultimate HD Edition on my pc and it is unplayable due to the slow motions. Whenever I visit any intensive areas like thunder-storm village then I can feel the game to be moving very slowly. I have tried to lower the settings but still there is no effect in the game. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: Slow motion problem in Resident Evil 4: Ultimate HD Edition

There are many people who are facing this slow motion problem in Resident Evil 4: Ultimate HD Edition but they are with low end systems only. So if your system is not so high end then it is possible that it cannot maintain both video rendering and proper in-game speeds. To solve this issue you will need to switch to the original game's 30fps mode to get proper gameplay speeds.

Check if your game is not using the Integrated Graphics GPU. To find out whether the game is automatically switching to the intergrated graphics at launch you can follow this steps given ahead. If you have a Nvidia card, then open NVIDIA Control Panel and go to Manage 3D settings. After that click on Program settings and then click on Add. Go to Resident Evil 4 Bin32 directory and add the Bio4.exe file. Now in the Nvidia settings ensure that the preferred graphics processor is set to High-performance Nvidia processor.

For Amd graphics card, first right click on the desktop and then click 'Configure Switchable Graphics'. Now click on the button called Add Application and then go to Resident Evil 4 binary folder and double click on a file called 'bio4.exe'. Now on the AMD Catalyst Control Center go to All Application and then you will see a new file called 'bio4.exe'. Go to the Graphics Setting column and then make sure to set 'bio4.exe' to "High Performance" and click apply, thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    I downloaded and installed this new remake of Resident Evil 4: Ultimate HD Edition on my pc and it is unplayable due to the slow motions. Whenever I visit any intensive areas like thunder-storm village then I can feel the game to be moving very slowly. I have tried to lower the settings but still there is no effect in the game. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks for any help in advance.
    This game was a piss poor port and you needed a higher end PC just to play the original version so this HD version you're definitely going to need a high end CPU, GPU and at least 12GB of at least GDDR3 RAM.