Thread: South Park: The Stick of Truth crashes at start

South Park: The Stick of Truth crashes at start

After installing and trying to start this game South Park: The Stick of Truth, it will immediately crash to desktop. All other games are working fine. I have already tried to redownload, back up, verified game files, etc, but nothing has helped me so far. I have also asked this question on official website to no avail. Does anyone know how do I get this game working on my pc? Thanks

Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth crashes at start

Well, are you on a Gigabyte motherboard and have installed a tool called Gigabyte OC Guru 2 in your system. If so then you will need to remove it immediately because I found out that this tool was interferring with a .dll file making the game not to run on our pc. So, if you are using it then remove it and check whether the game is working or not.

Well, I am facing a totally different problem. The game launches fine but at the time of fighting the game starts to crash. Is there anyone who is facing this same problem when fighting with the bad guys in this game? Also, it changes the resolution of my computer to classic, totally weird. The error that I receive is mentioned below:
    Faulting application name: South Park - The Stick of Truth.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x530ee494

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Haraksa View Post
    Well, I am facing a totally different problem. The game launches fine but at the time of fighting the game starts to crash. Is there anyone who is facing this same problem when fighting with the bad guys in this game? Also, it changes the resolution of my computer to classic, totally weird. The error that I receive is mentioned below:
    Faulting application name: South Park - The Stick of Truth.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x530ee494

Any help would be appreciated.
    Have you tried to verify the Game Cache Files and see if that works. First of all completely exit Steam. After that right click on Steam shortcut and select Run as Administrator. After that launch Steam again go to Library section and then right click on South park and select Properties from the menu. After that choose the local files tab and then click Verify Integrity of game cache button.