Thread: Shadowrun Returns stucked at Launch Campaigns

Shadowrun Returns stucked at Launch Campaigns

After checking the gameplay of Shadowrun Returns on youtube I bought it from Steam. After downloading and installing it on my pc, I am not able to play this game at all. I usually go to the first screen of the game and then the launch campaign button is yellow and if I am clicking it then nothing happens at all? Can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Re: Shadowrun Returns stucked at Launch Campaigns

Can you try to search for the output_log.txt file in your Shadowrun_data folder for "IsolatedStorageException: Could not find a part of the path" and just try to copy what is written over there. I think that the game might be searching for the campaign where it is not able to find it. You will have to reinstall it to other directory or change where the game is searching for its files.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Can you tell us whether there is a config file in your Shadowrun directory which usually has the directory location in it. Just try to go to your Steam option at the top side of the Steam client and then go to Settings. After that select the Downloads tab and then click on Steam Library Folders and check what is there exactly. Incase the location you would like your games to install to is not there then try to create a new library folder.

There was workaround given for this problem. In my case the game was looking at the Z drive. So I mapped a shared drive to Z:\ and reinstalled the game and it started loading. When I went into the Z drive then some folders were made inside there like Z:\AppData\Local\Harebrained Schemes\Shadowrun Returns\ContentPacks with only this path and nothing inside it. Hope this helps anyone who is having this problem.