Thread: cant play Assassin's Creed IV Freedom Cry DLC Steam version

cant play Assassin's Creed IV Freedom Cry DLC Steam version

I had preordered the Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Gold Edition from Steam that come with the season pass and it also includes the Freedom Cry dlc. After starting Steam and updating Assassin's Creed IV I thought that it might have installed the Freedom Cry DLC. But when I started the game then no where I was able to see this DLC in the main menu? So I was wondering if anyone got this same version were able to play this new DLC? Thanks

Re: cant play Assassin's Creed IV Freedom Cry DLC Steam version

For people who have purchased this DLC from ubisoft, when they look at the DLC tab on uplay then they were able to launch if from there and played it. But it seems like people who have bought it from Steam are still not able to play it because they are lacking behind in its release. So you will need to wait for sometime until Steam finally releases this DLC on their server.

Yes, I can confirm that if you have bought the Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag from Ubisoft then you will be able to play the Freedom Cry DLC on your system. I am right now playing it on my pc. The Steam version of this DLC is still going to release in a couple of hours or either tomorrow, cant say for sure. Anyhow, this DLC seems quite bigger than the Aveline DLC for sure.

Have you tried to activate the Season Pass CD key on the uplay client? Check to make sure if any file is not missing from the installation because if that is the case then the game will not launch and you can try to verify the game cache by going to the library and right clicking on the Assassing Creed 4 executable file. After the process is done try and see if the game launches properly.

Quote Originally Posted by hard.core View Post
    I had preordered the Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Gold Edition from Steam that come with the season pass and it also includes the Freedom Cry dlc. After starting Steam and updating Assassin's Creed IV I thought that it might have installed the Freedom Cry DLC. But when I started the game then no where I was able to see this DLC in the main menu? So I was wondering if anyone got this same version were able to play this new DLC? Thanks
    I know this is a little late to be replying and this will most likely get me banned from this forum but I do not care.

You know I am sick and tired of all you stupid asses that purchase games through Steam, and then complain profusely on forums that something is wrong with the game you purchased. Especially with a game that is sold without Steam. And then people actually trying to do damage control against people like myself who post facts with utter nonsense and try burying the facts.

Regardless of what anyone says or thinks, Steam causes games to have all sorts of problems. This is simply proven because Pirated copies of games and games that people buy then use a crack to play (That are all involved with Steam) NEVER EVER EVER have the problems people that use Steam have. If a game runs fine without Steam involved but has problems when Steam is involved then the problem is clearly coming from Steam....Simple facts no amount of stupid ass damage control can ignore and get around

And people actually try to deny Steam has anything wrong with it.
    Another fact is that Steam has too many unnecessary and useless updates that kick people out of the game they're in which is inexcusable.

You clowns that purchase games through Steam get what you deserve and if I ran this forum I would instantly ban anyone that complains about problems with any game they bought through Steam.

THE PROBLEM IS STEAM...it doesn't matter if anyone managed a work around..THE PROBLEM IS STEAM ITSELF...So if people don't want problems then quit using Steam altogether.

Want to use Steam then quit your bitching because you have been told what is causing the problem not too mention every forum is filled with complaints that people have that are using games that require Steam.

People can make up all the excuses they want and try damage control but the fact is Steam causes problems...So quit using Steam and you won't have problems...Want to use Steam then quit your bitching.