Thread: Starbound beta crash fix

Starbound beta crash fix

I pre-ordered the Starbound game and got 1 Steam key of Starbound beta game. I immediately installed it but when I am trying to start the game then it will simply crash the entire computer. No matter what I do, if I am trying to launch the game then my pc will freeze and after sometime the computer crashes. Is there anyone who is playing this game without the crash? Thanks

Re: Starbound beta crash fix

Can you try to check the Starbound.log file which might be located at this path - \Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\. You can paste the log file that might have all the details about the crash and where is it occuring. Also, can you tell us what is the operating system you are using and all the graphics driver up to date?
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Is the crash happening immediately when the game is loading? If so then it could be a hardware problem. Can you check the Windows Event Viewer and get some information about the crashing of the game? On my computer the game loads fine within a matter of seconds. I have a good 1600mhz RAM with GTX 770 video card and also the latest nvidia driver.

Can you launch the Task Manager and see if Starbound.exe is still running? If yes then try to kill its process and again run Starbound game. By doing this the game should revalidate and patch it properly. If still no luck then try uninstalling the game completely and also deleting the existing folder. After that reinstall the game again. Also, if you are using Family Share to play this game then turn it off and try again.