Thread: Unlock Need for Speed Rivals to 60Fps

Unlock Need for Speed Rivals to 60Fps

After purchasing Need for Speed Rivals and installing this game I started playing it on my pc. The first introduction screen and racing was properly running but after that when I went in free roam the game started lagging like hell. This game was running below 30FPS I could say. All other games like Assassins Creed 4 and Deadfall Adventures are running smoothly on my pc giving 60FPS+. So, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how do I increase NFS: Rivals FPS so that I can play it better. Thanks

Re: Unlock Need for Speed Rivals to 60Fps

It looks to be true, Need For Speed Rivals is hard locked at 30fps on PC. And no other patch will be either released as well to increase the FPS rate for this game. 30FPS games in today's generation is very low compared to huge games like Battlefield, Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag, etc; coming out and giving atleast 60+ frame rates per second. If NFS game developers continue to follow this strategy then nobody will buy this game ever in future.

Even if we have a $1000 dollar build with the latest graphics card, NFS Rivals will still look like we are playing it with a $20 graphics card. I am feeling a bit relieved that I didnt buy this game even though I have loved all its series including Most Wanted and Hot Pursuit. 30 FPS is never going to be acceptable even for any different pc game. A patch should be definitely released to fix this issue.

There was a Reddit user who found out a workaround to solve this hard locked 30FPS issue. There is no ingame option to run Need for Speed: Rivals at 60FPS but there is a workaround where people can play this at such frame rate. All you need to do is add the below command line when you run this racing game on your PC:

GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60