Thread: Contrast game error "Failed to create the D3D9 device"

Contrast game error "Failed to create the D3D9 device"

I recently bought this Contrast game from my local store and installed it in my pc. After the installation was finished I double clicked on the game to play it but I got the below error message:

"Failed to create the D3D9 device. This may happen if the desktop is locked."

I dont have this problem with any other games on my laptop, so can anyone tell me how do I solve this error message? Thanks

Re: Contrast game error "Failed to create the D3D9 device"

Have you made sure that you are using the latest video card drivers that you are using in your computer? If even after having the latest drivers you face the same problem then you need to go to Steams Library and right click on the Contrast game and then go to its Properties > General > Set launch options. Here you need to type this "-dxlevel 81" without the quotes and then click ok.

If the above fix doesnt work then try to launch the game with the below option by going to the same Launch options. Open Steam, right click on the game and then click on Properties and then go to Set Launch options and then type this word -SKIPGPUCHECK and then click ok. Now try to launch the game and see if the game works or not.

Well, if you have a AMD video card, then the issue might be happening due to the AMD Catalyst Control Center driver, which is used for Ati GPU. So open CCC and then go to My VGA Display and then Image Scanling (VGA display) and then Image Scaling and then check mark the option for Enable GPU scaling. Hope this helps.