Thread: Call of Duty: Ghosts error EXE_ERR_COULDNT_CONFIGURE

Call of Duty: Ghosts error EXE_ERR_COULDNT_CONFIGURE

After installing Call of Duty: Ghosts on my pc and trying to play the game when I launch it then I get an error message stating the below:

Error during initialization:
    "configure.csv:EXE_ERR_COULDNT_CONFIGURE"

I am using a Nvidia Geforce 640m graphics onboard which meets all the system requirements mentioned for this game. All drivers and Windows Update are up to date. Is there any fix for this problem? Thank you

Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts error EXE_ERR_COULDNT_CONFIGURE

There were many people who were suffering from the same problem. And one guy from Steam was able to fix this. You will need a config.cfg file for the singleplayer and Config_mp.cfg file for the multiplayer that you can download from this links - http://www.filesnack.com/files/ctniycpz and http://www.filesnack.com/files/cduja1hr. After that make a folder named "players2" and copy the above 2 files in this same folder. Now, move this folder in where your COD Ghosts game is installed - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Ghosts". Launch the game and it will ask you to start in Safe Mode, simply click on No and then again a message will appear where you have to choose No and then the game will start.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

If you have a DirectX 10/9 video card then the above fix will not work because this is only for those who have DirectX 11 compatible graphics card. So, make sure to have the same requirement. You need to also note that you should not click on Optimal Settings because it will reset the .cfg file to default integrated card and then it will not work.

If you have a DirectX 10/9 video card then the above fix will not work because this is only for those who have DirectX 11 compatible graphics card. So, make sure to have the same requirement. You need to also note that you should not click on Optimal Settings because it will reset the .cfg file to default integrated card and then it will not work.