Thread: Blackguards game wont start

Blackguards game wont start

I have recently bought Blackguards game and installed it on my Windows 7 pc. When I try to start this game then I will only get a popup saying that Steam is preparing to launch the game but it will never happen. After that the game will not start at all. I have reinstalled the game but still it is giving me the same problem? All the drivers are updated, what other things is left to do? Please help

Re: Blackguards game wont start

I was having the same problem with my other Steam game. After a lot of tinkering I found out that my game was blocked by the stupid antivirus that was installed in my computer. After that I simply turned off the Virus Protection and then when I tried to launch the game it started right away. You can also try to use this method and see if it works for you.

Have you tried to Verify the Game Cache Files? To do that exit steam and then launch it with admin rights. After that go to Library section and then right click on the Blackguards game and choose Properties. After that choose the local files tab and then click the Verify integrity of game cache button. After a few minutes the check window will automatically exit and then try to launch the game.

Can you try to mess with the launch options for the game? You can try to use either -fullscreen or -w xxxx for the resolution that you are using or else you can even try to run the game in Windowed Mode. Just put -windowed by right clicking the game.exe and then at the Target area, put the mentioned term that I have recommended.