Thread: running Call of Duty: Ghosts with 2gb RAM

running Call of Duty: Ghosts with 2gb RAM

I was going to buy this Call of Duty: Ghosts game and then I saw that its system requirement say's that it needs 6gb RAM? Is this true because if it is then it is not worth to invest in RAM just for the sake of playing this game. I only have 2gb DDR2 RAM and I dont want to buy 4gb RAM extra because the DDR2 technology has become quite old. I will be upgrading my whole system but after sometime. Anyways, is there any other workaround to play this game with 2gb RAM? Thanks for any reply.

Re: running Call of Duty: Ghosts with 2gb RAM

Many people are saying that if we dont have 6GB of RAM then this game will not even start. But there are others saying that Call of Duty: Ghosts runs with 4GB of RAM. Actually, 2GB of RAM is counted way to old and if you can even manage to play the game, then it will not be worth it, because all the background application in your computer might not work properly. This will happen due to low memory status and nothing else

There is a workaround for this RAM problem in Call of Duty: Ghosts. All you need to do is download a file called IW6_RamFix by searching it on google and then copy it in your game's installation directory. This way when you double click on the game.exe then it will launch properly. I have found that this game uses 1.9gb of RAM but looking at the textures in the game, it sucks.

I really wanted to play this game and therefore I ordered 2x4gb RAM extra. Previously I was having only 2gb of RAM and I have played almost all games like Saint Rows 4, Batman: Arkham Origins, Splinter Cell: Blacklist and many more games up-until now with my setup. The game used to work fine but now because of this recent game like Battlefield 4 and COD: Ghosts, only RAM was the issue that is not letting me to play this game anymore.