Thread: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition game freezing

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition game freezing

After installing this game and playing it for sometime I noticed that at the time cutscene video the game freezes for few seconds even though the audio plays fine for the same cutscene. When the cutscene is over then I am able to play this game without any problems. This freezin happens with every cutscene. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? Thanks

Re: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition game freezing

Try to manually change the game to use the native resolution. To do that go to the game's location here - C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common and then search for the game folder there. After going into the game folder go to this location - \Enslaved\Engine\Config and find a file called BaseEngine.ini. Open this file in notepad but make a backup first. You will find a line for a resolution that uses your game which will be similar to this - ResX=1280 ResY=720. Simply change it to your native resolution that you are using on your desktop.

There are many people who were having this problem. For more turning off the V-Sync worked but for others it didnt work. However, you can try this solution and see if it works for you. If that doesnt work, then try to turn off motion blur and see if that helps. Just go to the config file, as mentioned above and then do the below in the same:

If MotionBlur=True, then make it to MotionBlur=False to turn it off.
    If MotionBlurPause=True, then try to make it MotionBlurPause=False to turn it off as well.

I followed everything that I could, done every changes in the config setting but still the game will freeze when the cutscene video is played. I guess for every machine the config file has to be changed and hence your settings are not working for me. In any case I can play the game at 60fps only if the cutscenes dont play in between.