Thread: The Wolf Among Us game wont launch

The Wolf Among Us game wont launch

So I recently purchased a new game called The Wolf Among Us from the Steam Store. After installing it, when I click on the game to launch then all I get is "preparing to launch the game" and then nothing happens. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling this game but it didnt work? All other games work fine on my pc? Please help

Re: The Wolf Among Us game wont launch

Even I was facing the same problem but the error was saying that the game stopped working. So, after doing some fidgeting with the computer I noticed that if I disconnect the joystick from the my computer then the game launches fine. I also noticed that there is no controller support for this game in the menu, so this might be effecting the game for not launching.

If you are not using a controller and still the game is not launching then the problem might be related to any antivirus software that is blocking the game to launch. Just try to disable the antivirus for sometime and see if the game launches or not. If it launches then quit the game, open the antivirus and put this game in the exception list and then launch it.

After installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) the game started to work normally for many gamers. So download it first from this link and install it in your pc and then test by launching the game. Also, the game does has controller support. Hope this helps you out.