Thread: Unable to play GTA 4 on Windows 8

Unable to play GTA 4 on Windows 8

Hi, i have a very short question, hope you guys can help me out. From last couple of weeks i was playing GTA 4 on my Windows 7 PC. It is gaming PC. Two days ago i upgraded the same to windows 8 successfully. Installed all programs that i require to work. No problem so far,everything working great.

But, although being a gaming PC, i faced the first problem with Game on this brand new Windows 8 operating system. I thought to continue my GTA 4, tried installing the same but every time the installation gets failed saying the OS is not compatible. Damn, does that mean i cannot play the game anymore? Is there any fix of the same?

Re: Unable to play GTA 4 on Windows 8

Dude, did you checked the System Requirements for GTA 3? Does it says it is compatible with Windows 8? Infact when they launched GTA 3, there was no Windows 8. How can you complaint about it is not working on this operating system.

The only is to try installing the game in Compatibility mode of windows 7 or earlier version. Just try out and see if it works.

Re: Unable to play GTA 4 on Windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by karan_star View Post
    The only is to try installing the game in Compatibility mode of windows 7 or earlier version. Just try out and see if it works.
    Thanks for the help Karan. As you suggested i tried running the installer in Windows 7 compatibility mode but still it didn;t worked?

Is there any other way to make this game work on Win 8? If not i would better love to revert back to my windows 7.