Thread: Rise of Venice has stopped working error

Rise of Venice has stopped working error

First of all, I thought that since this game Rise of Venice comes for $35 so it will be worth it. But after buying it and trying to run on my pc then it simply gives me an error message that "Rise of Venice has stopped working". I am running Windows 7 and tried to run this game as admin, uninstalling and reinstalling but still it wont work. Its really a shame to waste so much of money for a game that doesnt work at all.

Re: Rise of Venice has stopped working error

Can you please tell us what is the computer specifications that you have? Are you playing this game with a graphics card or on onboard motherboard graphics? Note that this game wont run on onboard graphics. If you are playing with a graphics card then have you updated its driver version to the latest? Are you able to play any other games on your pc or not, just test it.

I took a look at the size of this game and it is around 4.8gb and after I have installed this game, then I notice that only 3.2gb of space is taken for its installation in the local files? Is this game installed on my machine is compressed in some ways or is it that I still need some files to be installed because it shows that the game is 100% downloaded and installed?

Well, if the game is not working then it might be that the game files are corrupted and you will need to uninstall and then again reinstall the game that should work. Or else there might be some software that you have installed on your PC before starting the game which is interfering with the game. There are many audio manager software that mess up things. Or there might be a recent Windows Update that has messed up the Steam games.