Thread: low fps in The King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition

low fps in The King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition

When I was playing the The King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition beta version then there was no issues with the FPS but now that I have installed the final version of this game I am getting only 25fps and sometimes even below. I am using a GTX 500 series graphics card with Core I7 second generation processor and I believe that this configuration is good enough to play this game.

Re: low fps in The King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition

Even I was facing similar problems of low fps with this game. Then I read on Steam community that if we run the game from the desktop shortcut then we will face the fps problem but if we launch the game from the place of the hard drive where it is installed then the game will work without any fps issues at all. So to play this game from the installed directory you need to go to right click on game in the steam library > properties > local files tab > browse local files. Hope this helps.

Yes, I was going to suggest the same method that is written in the above post. By following the above method you wont face the low fps problem at all. All you need to do is launch the kofxiii.exe file and then you will get a good FPS rate which will be very similar to the beta version of the game that you have played earlier.

Well, if the above solution doesnt work for you then you can try another method to solve this issue. Just try to add "-r -v", without the quotes ofcourse, in the launch options and then apply that setting. After that try to launch the game and see if there are any improved FPS rate you are getting or not. If not then probably you need to install the latest graphics driver for your video card.