Thread: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs will not start

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs will not start

I just purchased this game Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs from Steam and after starting the game, it will run for 5 seconds and then will suddenly crash to the desktop. After that when I tried to launch it again then it was not starting at all? I am playing this game on my laptop that has GTX 660M graphics card. Please dont tell me to reinstall the game as I already did that twice? What could be the other issue?

Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs will not start

Check to make sure that the game is not running on the onboard graphics but instead it should be running on the Nvidia card. The integrated graphics on your laptop might be not letting the game to launch since it might be not supported. Just try to force to play the game on the Nvidia card bu going into the Nvidia Control Panels and changing its settings accordingly.

I have seen that even after forcing the game to play on the Nvidia card, it might not run at all. The main reason for this problem is that the card might not have the updated drivers installed that can be downloaded directly from the official nvidia website. Also the preinstalled drivers from Windows update does not come with proper OpenGL support which is required by the game, so this might be a problem launching the game as well.

It was noted that in the 64bit operating system Steam will not support the DLL library properly, so to solve this problem you will need to download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) from this link - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...n.aspx?id=5555. After installing it, try to launch the game and it will work just fine without any issues.