Thread: Arma 3 low fps problem

Arma 3 low fps problem

I have a pretty good machine that can run all games like Saints Row 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist, etc; properly. Yesterday I installed Arma 3 and there isnt any problem playing this game except one. The problem is that if I join any multiplayer server then the game becomes unplayable and I am getting not more than 20Fps even on low settings? So can anyone please help me out solving this problem? Thanks

Re: Arma 3 low fps problem

It was told that if you use "-nologs" then it will improve performance of the game in any computer. To do that you will need to go to Steams game list and then choose Arma 3 and then right click on it and then go to Properties > General Tab > Set Launch Options > here just type "-nologs" without the quotes. After that close start the game and see if it makes any difference to you.

Well, this game needs good hardware so that it can run smoothly and you will get 30+ fps which is also considered good. So, try to put the shadowns on Standard or high instead of low. Also, turn off AA and blur and it will definitely improve the FPS by 50%. Just lower the visibility and set its shadows to minimum. Try to join good server and you wont face any FPS drops in multiplayer.

Many people are facing low fps problems while playing multiplayer mode in Arma 3 because the Arma 3 engine has not been changed till yet since Arma 2 and it also doesnt use multicore processors like it should. Until a patch or any different kind of update is not released for this game, the multiplayer problem will not be solved that easily.