Thread: Lost Planet 3 crashes to desktop on my pc

Lost Planet 3 crashes to desktop on my pc

Yesterday I waited all day long to just get the download to complete for Lost Planet 3 game on my pc. Today when it was finished in the morning with all the installation, when I clicked to play the game, then it started to immediately crash on the desktop. I have been searching for some solutions on the net to get this thing working on my pc. And yes my pc meets this games system requirements.

Re: Lost Planet 3 crashes to desktop on my pc

What graphics card do you have. Check that you have not overclocked the graphics card in your pc. Even if it is not overclocked, then try to underclock your GPU and see if that works. If I play different games at a single time then I slow down my graphics card that works for me and I can play multiple games as I would like as well.

Even today when my game completed its download and after installation, I had the same problem of crashing at startup. I can go to the menu but when I start a new game then it crashes with error code 0xc0000005. But later on when I restarted my pc and then launched Steam then it immediately started to update some files for Lost Planet 3, so I think that it might be a patch to fix this problem.

I had the same problem with this game on my computer and what I did was I went into the Lost Planet 3 installation folder and then right clicked the Lost Planet 3 setup.exe file and then went to Compatability mode and then checked the Disable Desktop Composition. After that when ever I tried to start the game then it worked properly without crashing to the desktop. Hope this helps.