Thread: low sound during cutscenes in Splinter Cell Blacklist

low sound during cutscenes in Splinter Cell Blacklist

After playing Splinter Cell Blacklist I have noticed that at the time of cutscenes I am not able to hear any sound of the dialogues made the characters. Their voice seems to be very low when they are talking, but other environmental sounds can be heard normally. I have the updated audio drivers installed in my machine, so what else could be the problem? Any ideas

Re: low sound during cutscenes in Splinter Cell Blacklist

I was also facing this problem for sometime with my purchased copy of Splinter Cell Blacklist. I noticed that something changed the default sound settings in the game itself from 7.1 surround sound. Now the problem is since I was not using this 7.1 surround sound then I changed it back to run via the TV with hdmi cable. So, try and see if this same thing is happening with you.

This problem happens if you have toyed up with the internal audio options settings in the game. This issue was noticed by a user on Steam community. What you have to do is simply turn up the volume on SFX and set it to 8 in the audio settings in the game itself. This way the voices of the characters could be heard properly. Hope this helps.

This bug really seems weird. I have even turned off the game music but still the voice of the dialogues from different characters is very low. I wonder if any of the audio files is missing. But for this I do not want to download and install the whole damn game again as it is very big, upto 19gb, which kind of sucks. I havent yet tried the solution given above but hope that it works for me.