Thread: Blacklist_DX11_game.exe stopped working solution

Blacklist_DX11_game.exe stopped working solution

So I purchased Splinter Cell Blacklist DVD from Steam and my computer is good enough to run this game. After installing Blacklist on my computer when the first video comes then the game hangs and gives me an error that states "Blacklist_DX11_game.exe stopped working". I have updated the graphics driver of HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 to 13.4 but still the game hangs on the same video. Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? Thanks.

Re: Blacklist_DX11_game.exe stopped working solution

Have you tried to done the obvious, that is, ran Steam with admin rights and also verified the game integrity? If not then open Steam and then go to Library section and then right click on the game and then choose Propertis from the menu. After that choose the local files tab and then click the button that says Verify integrity of game cache. After some time, the check window will automatically exit. Now try to run the game and see if it works properly.

Even I was getting this same error "Blacklist_DX11_game.exe has stopped working" with my SLI setup. But I was able to solve this problem by making a profile for Blacklist game in the control panel and then set the SLI options to ARF2. With this setting I am able to run the game on both cards. Or else open Nvidia Inspector and then go to Profiles and then Splinter Cell: Blacklist and then add it to current profile and then choose Blacklist_DX11_game.exe. Hope this helps.

There was a solution given for the crashing of this game. You need to edit the VideoSettings.ini in this path - C:\Users\<yournamehere>\Documents\Ubisoft\Blacklist\videoSettings.ini. After double clicking on videoSettings.ini you have to change WindowStyleFinal=1 option to 0 or 2. Also change Windowed = 0, Fullscreen = 1, Windowed Fullscreen = 2. If your game crashes after the intro, then delete your VideoSettings.ini and then start this game again and let it crash out and then edit the ini to 0 or 2 again.