Thread: Saints Row IV framerate problem with Amd graphics card

Saints Row IV framerate problem with Amd graphics card

I have installed the game Saints Row IV and it is launching fine on my pc. But I am experiencing heavy framerate drops from indoors to outdoors in the game, which seems to be even worst than the Saints Row 3 series. I am having a HD 4870 video card and as per the games minimum requirement it is enough. Can anything be done to solve this problem? Thanks.

Re: Saints Row IV framerate problem with Amd graphics card

Well, have you checked whether you have the latest DirectX version installed in your computer. What about graphics card driver, is it fully updated in your system? Also, install the latest Windows update that is available for your operating system and also have all this softwares installed - .Net Framework 4.0, Visual C++ 2005, 2008 and 2010. Try to disable the antivirus that might be running the background and see if you get some improvement in framerates.

Yesterday a new AMD Catalyst 13.8 beta 2 graphics driver for Windows was released that increases Saints Row IV performance by 25% on pc. You can download it from this link - http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/amd...13.8_beta2.exe. This graphics update is also for people who are having problems in their Crossfire setup. After installation of this update, you can surely count on a solid framerate.

Well, the new AMD Catalyst 13.8 beta 2 driver cannot be installed for a 4000 series radeon card because it is not supported. Even I got a HD 4000 series graphics card and I am playing this game on the minimum settings on my computer. Also, the system requirements now says that minimum HD 5800 series graphics card is necessary although earlier it was showing that the minimum requirement was HD 4000 and the game works as well.