Thread: getting Xbox 360 Controller to work in Spelunky HD pc

getting Xbox 360 Controller to work in Spelunky HD pc

I downloaded Spelunky HD game for pc that came out 2-3 days ago. The game will launch fine but if I am trying to play the game with Xbox 360 Controller then it is not working. The game actually doesnt recognizes the controller. All other games can be played fine with the controller. Is there some special software needed to be downloaded for my controller to work with this game on my pc? Thanks

Re: getting Xbox 360 Controller to work in Spelunky HD pc

If you have original Xbox 360 controller then it should definitely work with Spelunky HD game. It was listed in the supported area and only other than the Xbox controller no other will work. I got a 2 year old logitech gamepad and it works fine with all the games that I play on my pc. So, for this game specifically the xbox controller is the requirement.

For all those who want their different controllers to work with Spelunky HD game on pc, other than the Xbox controller owner, all you need to do is download a file called x360ce which is a XBOX 360 Controller emulator from here and copy and run this program from the same directory as the game exe files. Hope this helps everyone.

Reecher,

Can you tell us whether you are using a wireless controller or a wired one? You might be knowing that the cable for the wireless controllers can be connected diectly into the battery and therefore you wont be able to connect in a wireless controller into the computer to play this game. If you have a usb xbox controller then try plugging it in all the usb ports on your computer and see whether there is not an issue of usb port in the computer.