Thread: Which latest game will work on Linux platform

Which latest game will work on Linux platform

Which latest games are ported for Linux platform. I have a 64bit Dell laptop which comes with 1Gb graphic card. Now I can play some games on it. But what I can find in software center is some outdated games. I had seen on web that Linux platform also has some high end graphics games. But I cannot find the download. Can anyone recommend some new games.

Re: Which latest game will work on Linux platform

You can download steam on Linux. There is a edition available on which you can install games. You can directly download games from it. That is the best way to search. Linux platform does not really has a good list of game downloads.

The best game so far for Linux is Portal. It is the only game that I liked. You can also try Half Life 2.. Now this are the only games that I think are great enough to play on Linux. While other all are for Windows. Portal is an puzzle type game which is available for Linux platform and also has some good graphics. I will not say the game is great but it is good enough to give you proper gameplay. Software center is the only location where you can find reasonable gaming options for linux platform. The game gives you a simple puzzle type gamepay with decent graphics. I will not say it is really great. The setup is also very easy. You can checkout a gameplay on YouTube first. That will add more highlight. The game is completely puzzle based. At some point you might fell it really competitive. You can switch to half life 2 which is a kind of fps game for linux platform.

Try to install windows in your system. Dual boot it. So that on one side you can use Linux also and on the other you can still install latest games. Do not expect much from Linux under gaming. It has very less stuff.

There are some set of good games available. But all of them are not free.Games like Team Fortress 2, Serious SAM 3, Shank 2, etc are available for linux platform. But I prefer to go with Windows. There are number of reasons behind that. In Windows you have ready to use platform where you just have to install the games. Games work fine on it. While on Linux you have the same old games which are released long before. Game developers are not serious about this open source platform. Linux systems which comes with graphic card are more complicated to manage. As they lack a good graphic driver. You have to completely rely on the support for that. And if there are bugs, then you cannot get any update for that. While for windows, game developers keeps on releasing patches which improve the gameplay. For gaming windows is the best platform or you can just go and buy consoles.