Thread: launching Payday 2 beta crashes on my Windows 8 computer

launching Payday 2 beta crashes on my Windows 8 computer

So, I have pre-purchased the Career Criminal Edition of PayDay 2 on Steam that has granted me the access to play its beta version. I have installed it on my pc fine but everytime if I try to launch Payday 2 beta it will just crash. I am trying to run this game on Windows 8 and have checked that I have the latest directx installed. Is it something like this game is not compatible with Windows 8 itself? Please help me out to solve this issue? Thanks

Re: launching Payday 2 beta crashes on my Windows 8 computer

Do you have any video card installed in your computer? If so then try to update its driver to the latest version. If you have Nvidia graphics card, then go to the nvidia website to get the latest driver. If you have Radeon video card, then go to the AMD website to get the latest drivers and then install it in your pc. But before installing it, remove all the old drivers first and then only start to install the new driver.

Even I was facing this same problem. Whenever I used to click on the play button, the screen used to hang and after sometime my pc would crash. After a lot of troubleshooting I found out that we have to open Nvidia Control Panel and then set it to run on the Nvidia graphics adapter rather than using the auto setting by default which is set.

I can confirm that the solution given to run the game on Nvidia graphics Adapter works rather than to run on the intel video adpater that crashes the game. Incase you dont have Nvidia graphics card, then you might be using Radeon. So try to verify the Game cache and see if that works. To do that right click on the game in your game library and then click on properties and then click on Verify Game Cache, thats it. Check if the game is working now.